Catskills FarmLink Launches Online Land Access Resources
The land of New York State’s Catskills Region offers enormous agricultural opportunity and is well-positioned for supplying metropolitan areas with fresh produce and meats. It is ideally suited to grow and raise food; contribute to the viability of our small communities; and maintain the mountains’ rural esthetic and farming way of life. The Catskills are a great place to operate a small, diversified farm.
Catskills FarmLink provides the mechanism for connecting Catskills land with those interested in farming it.
Whether you are a beginning farmer looking to transition to independent farm management, an existing farmer looking to acquire or access more land, or a landowner interested in making your property available for agricultural use, Catskills FarmLink offers the resources and tools to begin your search. This free web resource and posting site is designed to
- maintain the regional working agricultural landscape by connecting farmers with underutilized land;
- provide online access to statewide and regional resources that support the farming community;
- offer land lease planning, landowner guides and "Come Farm with Us" contacts;
- list farmland available for rent/sale/share within the Catskills and New York City watershed; and
- compile opportunities like educational workshops, networking events, classifieds, internships, job offerings, equipment and livestock sales, and distribution partnership/sharing.
Catskills FarmLink is a collaborative effort of regional organizations committed to the future of agriculture in the region. These organizations include Catskill Mountainkeeper; Cornell Cooperative Extension of Delaware, Schoharie and Sullivan Counties; Delaware Highlands Conservancy; Farm Catskills; Farmhearts; NYC Department of Environmental Protection; and the Watershed Agricultural Council.
Explore land listings and classifieds or submit your own at www.catskillsfarmlink.org.